Have you ever reached a point in life and wondered- how did I get hear? We can take on so much that it wears down on our mental health. Between juggling many roles, to dealing with the elections, and the ongoing pandemic it’s a lot to absorb. Your mental health matters.
As a registered nurse, I have seen first hand mental health issues some patients face. Often it starts with an external issue disrupting unstable internal conflict.
Here are some mental health tips to help you stay healthy mentally.
- Pay attention to your thoughts. Challenge your beliefs and negative self-talk.
- Feed your mind good things like affirmations, mantras and happy music.
- Journal through your journey. Something about writing is therapeutic. Going back and reflecting on past events can put the spirit at ease. Make a habit to write daily even if it is two sentences.
- Find someone who is non-judgmental to talk to. We are all battling something. Listening and asking open-ended questions is a must.
- Conduct a weekly mental and emotional check in to stay grounded.
6. Get professional help if needed. Life coaches, therapist, and counselors are out there to give you the help that you need to succeed.
Asking for help is not a sign of weakness. It’s a sign of strength.
Don’t be strong- be smart. Get out of your head. Stay positive. Keep going. You are not alone on this journey.
Until next time love and light love
Ms. Joy Poli, Your Fav Life Coach helping you bounce back after a break up without breaking down.